Once Tin Can is installed on both iPhones, there are several ways to set up the phones to talk to each other:
- Using the built-in speaker and microphone
- Using one headset
- Using two headsets
This method requires nothing beyond the two iPhones. To set the phones up this way, simply place the bottoms of the phones close to each other (less than a few centimeters or an inch apart). The speaker and microphone are located on the bottom of the iPhone, so the closer you place the bottoms, the better the connection you should get.
The earphone of a headset can be used for a slightly better connection than using the built-in speaker. To set the phones up using this method:
- Plug the headset into the iPhone you want to send from.
- Hold one of the earphones close to the microphone on the other iPhone. The microphone is located at the bottom right of the iPhone.
A more reliable way to connect is with two headsets. To set up the phones this way:
- Plug a headset into each iPhone.
- Arrange the headsets so the earphone of one headset is close to the microphone of the other headset. Do the same for both headsets.