If data is not transmitting correctly, there are several steps you can take:
- Go to the Settings screen on both iPhones and ensure they are both set to the same transfer speed.
- Test the connection as described in Ensuring Effective Communication.
- Move the sending speaker and receiving microphone closer together.
- Raise the volume on the iPhone you are sending from.
- Quit and restart Tin Can on both phones.
- Restart your iPhone by turning it off and then back on.
We've also created some test mp3 files that you can use with your home computer to test Tin Can.
- Get the test files here: Test Files
- We recommend you use a set of headphones plugged into your computer and put the ear piece next to your iPhone, similar to what's described in Setting Up the iPhones.
- Turn on Tin Can and play the mp3 files from your computer.
The set includes both high speed and low speed mp3 files, so make sure you check the settings in Tin Can before playing them. See Setting Communication Speed for more details.